workshop delivered by Yanna Pavlopoulou.
This workshop analyzes the business need for implementing CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), as a tool of Sustainability, Excellence & Quality, and advises on how can a shipping company proactively, measure, report and verify the impact of its business strategy over environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
The meaning of sustainability in the internal operations of the shipping business will be very briefly examined, explaining:
• how the CSR concept can be implemented and measured at all levels and departments of a shipping company, targeting to the welfare of employees, to a ship “fit for the crew” and the society.
• How a Sustainability & Climate Change Action Plan could be drafted.
• What should be included in a Sustainability Report to better inform, shareholders, investors and stakeholders over the corporate ESG performance and value creation strategy.
• What are the Business Models and ESG Standards used to advance a corporate culture of Excellence and Sustainability.
• How is a Sustainability Report verified as ‘True and Fair”.
• The Workshop will be interactive, based on a PowerPoint Presentation by the lecturer and a Survey Checklist questionnaire, distributed to the audience.